Mass HR Data Load Requirements
On this Page…
What Loads are possible at this time?
HR/PYSS is able to accommodate requests to make the following updates via mass data loads:
- A minimum of 75
- No minimum if not on the ISR/Employment Action
- Otherwise a minimum of 75
(JHU Annual Merit process is in review as of 02/01/2021)
- A minimum of 75
Other HR mass data changes can be managed manually and will need to be coordinated with HR/PYSS Management.
The following are the requirements to meet the standards to be considered a HR mass data load
The same approval structure is required as with the ISR/Employment Action
- A sign off of the final approval is required before processing. Please have the normal final approver sign off on the request having them submit the final request to HR/PY Shared Services
The request must be identical in purpose and fields being updated (All one request type/wage type/reason code and the same effective date) and meet the minimum volume requirements
- A minimum of 50 bonus/supplemental payments or miscellaneous deduction
- A minimum of 75 other action types
The request must be on the proper template (Reach out to HR/PYSS if you have issues with the template)
Templates can be found below, please follow these important guidelines on submitting via template
- Do not add/remove columns
- Do not put formulas/special formatting on the template
- Make sure if submitting rates/amounts that there are only 2 decimal places of data – SAP truncates instead of rounds
- Do not include any notes or special guidance on the template
- Ensure your data is up to date and accurate
Not following the above will result in the return of the request and possible delay in completion of the work which may result in missing the deadlines.
How do I submit my mass data load request?
Unless otherwise instructed, all requests should be directed to HRSharedServices@jhu.edu
What are the deadlines for mass loads?
For loads of 75+ updates (Excluding Bonus/Supplemental payments/deductions) a separate deadline is established and published within the manual process deadlines.
For loads of 150+ updates (Excluding Bonus/Supplemental payments/deductions) coordination with HRPYSS Management is required with at least 1 month notice prior to the effective date.
For loads of 50+ Bonus/Supplemental payments/deductions or for any Bonus/Supp that are not able to be submitted via the manual processes, follow the manual process deadlines listed above.
Note: Data updates less than listed above are completed via Employment Actions, Position Requests, ISRs, and Success Factors Integrations.
When will additional Data Loads be available?
We are actively working on building the variety of types of loads available and will communicate via our list serve as they become available.
Where do I go if I have a special request?
The majority of data loads are managed by HR Shared Services. Please reach out to us via email or phone.
HR Shared Services